It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: President Chump hits back
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:48 am 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42176507 Well, at least on this occasion I know who gets my support! I particularly like the response by Jo Cox's widower to Trump's post.

Post subject: Re: President Chump hits back
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 am 

Having not watched the videos, I am not sure of their length or content - however, I wonder, does Trump actually have time to watch them or does he just post from the hip?

J

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 am 
Site Admin

He's an utter imbecile. Nearly a year in office, done nothing worthwhile. Just caused a whole lot of trouble and made the whole world an angrier, more volatile planet.

:-q

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:17 am 

With so much slaughter going on in USA why hasn't someone done the good thing.
But then isn't it always the same that despots of the world always survive to do their worst.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:53 am 

Interesting - apparently his first tweet of rebuke was sent to the wrong Theresa May.

But you are right - he should sort out the US problems first - although the net, finally, does appear to be closing around the Clinton crime family and their henchmen.

J

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:08 pm 

According to Trump "@Theresa_May, don’t focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine!"

Between 2000 and 2017, 126 people have been killed in the UK in terrorist attacks, according to figures from the Global Terrorism Database. Although not on British soil, a further 30 British people were killed in Tunisia when a gunman attacked a hotel popular among Western tourists (Telegraph. Sorry, couldn't be bothered to search for the Guardian).

In 2017 so far there have been a total of 56,208 gun incidents in the US, resulting in 14,173 deaths and 28,811 injuries. Of these deaths and injuries, so far 677 have been of children, and 323 of the incidents were mass shootings. These incidents do not include 22,000 annual suicides (Gun violence archive http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/).

So, for every terrorist death on UK soil in the last 17 years, there have been more than 112 Americans killed in the last 11 months.

Doing just fine, Donald?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:16 pm 

I should add (from CNN): "In addition, we compiled all terrorism incidents inside the United States and found that between 2001 and 2014, there were 3,043 people killed in domestic acts of terrorism."

So you are doing far worse than we are, you orange moron.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:13 pm 

But in fairness 2996 were killed in the Twin Towers attack.

Nevertheless the guy is a cretin of the first order.

For every problem there is a solution that is simple, quick ..............and wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:15 pm 

Elstow wrote:
I should add (from CNN): "In addition, we compiled all terrorism incidents inside the United States and found that between 2001 and 2014, there were 3,043 people killed in domestic acts of terrorism."

So you are doing far worse than we are, you orange moron.

That's to 2014 - to now I think it is 3096. (2996 were 9/11 as Andy says)

J

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:50 pm 

The Twin Towers still count. If you go back to '95 you could include the 168 killed by the Oklahoma bombings. However, as McVeigh wasn't a muslim I guess Donald was fine with that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:44 pm 

Yes of course twin towers counts, but it is important to remember that it is a one-off (hopefully) event that is included in the numbers.

If you had taken say 2002 to today, I think the stats would have been even Stevens near as damn it.
So if you really want to twist the stats from 2002 you are 6 times less likely to be killed in a terrorist attack in the USA than in the UK (based on attacks per head of population. [ See! the cretin was rights all along.]

What I am trying to show is that you need to be careful about playing with statistics (aka the numbers) and especially when they relate to what tend to be isolated pseudo-random one-off incidents.

It will be interesting (and probably tragic) to see how IS responds to the spat.
As I see it they have 3 options:
1. Ignore it and let the relationship between the UK and USA suffer a deterioration (I truly hope for this as the least worst option).
2. Launch an attack in the USA to show the Americans what a plonker they have for a pres. and that everything "here" is far from all right.
3. Launch an attack in the UK to widen the US/UK rift. [See, I told you so. Tweet from Donald Duck.]

For every problem there is a solution that is simple, quick ..............and wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:43 pm 

While not having any sympathy for Britain First I have difficulty in understanding the outrage about giving the public information. Reminisced of the book burning of the Nazis or the ministry of truth?

One clip was miss-described ( a person of immigrant parentage who assaulted a disabled man) wrongly described as an immigrant.

The other two clips not commented on.

The clips re-tweeted were not faked, as far as I have managed to find out, just one was not accurately described.

I have not found any of the clips (perhaps the censorship has worked?)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:53 am 
Site Admin

Elstow wrote:
According to Trump "@Theresa_May, don’t focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine!"

Between 2000 and 2017, 126 people have been killed in the UK in terrorist attacks, according to figures from the Global Terrorism Database. Although not on British soil, a further 30 British people were killed in Tunisia when a gunman attacked a hotel popular among Western tourists (Telegraph. Sorry, couldn't be bothered to search for the Guardian).

In 2017 so far there have been a total of 56,208 gun incidents in the US, resulting in 14,173 deaths and 28,811 injuries. Of these deaths and injuries, so far 677 have been of children, and 323 of the incidents were mass shootings. These incidents do not include 22,000 annual suicides (Gun violence archive http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/).

So, for every terrorist death on UK soil in the last 17 years, there have been more than 112 Americans killed in the last 11 months.

Doing just fine, Donald?

I think you should communicate this to the orange twit! I would so like to see his response!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:04 am 

Bayleaf wrote:
I think you should communicate this to the orange twit! I would so like to see his response!

Given his previous efforts you may not be able to if he sends it to the wrong person again!

J

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:26 am 

Apparently the "smashing the Mary statue" video depicts Omar Gharba al-Khojji - who certainly committed atrocities against Syrian Christians.

He was a member of one of the terrorist organisations in Syria that the US (under Obama) was backing with arms drops and military training!

So maybe there was an ulterior motive in Trump bringing this to a wider audience?

J

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:17 am 

So he is determined to start the third world war. Now wanting to make Jerusalem the capital of Israel, is he completely mad?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 am 
Site Admin

Which will he start first ? WW3 in the middle east or in the far east ? And people think of Hillary as a war monger ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 am 

He has not started a war . . . yet. Maybe he hopes his bluster will win through ?

However, the Israel lobby is too strong in Washington - indeed it was that which caused Michael Flynn the problems he now has (well, and his telling lies).

I see Trump has put the Embassy move on hold for the moment.

J

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:11 am 
Site Admin

I understand it would take years for a physical move to take place anyway due to planning, building and security measures. A lot could happen in the meantime ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:19 am 

Certainly looking at the time it has taken to build new Embassies elsewhere you could be right.

As you say, things can change. If Israel keeps attacking Syria sooner or later they may hit something Russian which may not go down too well.

J

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:34 pm 

niemeyjt wrote:
"I see Trump has put the Embassy move on hold for the moment."
I do hope so, the status of Jerusalem, a very sensitive issue, is the main stumbling block in the so-called peace process.
I wondered if Trump took this step after his success at last in getting his tax bill ratified.
He's had the plan about moving the embassy from Tel Aviv since the early days of his presidency, never pushed it forward until now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:12 pm 

Patf wrote:
niemeyjt wrote:
"I see Trump has put the Embassy move on hold for the moment."
I do hope so, the status of Jerusalem, a very sensitive issue, is the main stumbling block in the so-called peace process.
I wondered if Trump took this step after his success at last in getting his tax bill ratified.
He's had the plan about moving the embassy from Tel Aviv since the early days of his presidency, never pushed it forward until now.

I think it is also contrary to UN 242.

J

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:10 am 
Site Admin

BBC wrote:
The US president said on Wednesday he had "judged this course of action to be in the best interests of the United States of America, and the pursuit of peace between Israel and the Palestinians".

Forget Israel and the Palestinians - it's US interests that are primordial. What a surprise.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am 

Blaze wrote:
Forget Israel and the Palestinians - it's US interests that are primordial. What a surprise.

To be more precise, it is the interests of the Israel Lobby in Washington who make large campaign donations.

J

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:54 am 

niemeyjt wrote:

Given his previous efforts you may not be able to if he sends it to the wrong person again!

J

Parhaps he'll move the embassy to Nambia http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/21/africa/trump-nambia-un-africa-trnd/index.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:20 pm 

Elstow wrote:
niemeyjt wrote:

J

Parhaps he'll move the embassy to Nambia http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/21/africa/trump-nambia-un-africa-trnd/index.html

Not really surprising as most Americans know nothing about geography.
Mami has a story of when she was at uni she was in a queue at Stratford with a friend when a loud mouthed yank lady didnt stop asking where places were, when she asked "how do i get to Scotland" mami said go north responce "oh gee thanks but how do i get to wales" mami's responce was,yes youve guessed it ,"go west"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:36 pm 

Location: Norwich, Anglia de l'est et la république de francophilie
Elstow wrote:
niemeyjt wrote:

J

Nambia/Narnia, easy to get confused!