It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Would members please make a note.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:23 pm 
These are just my details as a quick reference for Wildlife questions, injured birds etc.

Please make a note of my phone number. 05 49 87 65 18

It and my address are on the website http://www.planetepassion.eu

More specifically. http://www.planetepassion.eu/About%20Association.html

Also if there is a post that anyone thinks that I should be aware of please contact me either via the above or by PM.

I'm usually quite busy even if it may appear as though I'm sitting by the computer all day - I'm not but I'm always ready to help, it's what I'm here for.

Thanks, Chris

Post subject: Re: Would members please make a note.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:33 pm 

Thank you; for ALL your efforts for us.

A la recherche de ma derniere vacance (oh, the embarassment!)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:13 am 
Thats nice of you chris :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:22 am 
Chris - people like you make me remember that there are so many decent and caring folk, who are passionate about the world we live in.

There are so many that don't give much of a damn about fellow creatures - human or otherwise, it's warms the cockles of the heart to know there are fellas (and gals) like you around, ready to help practically and share knowledge and time generously.

You're a star :D

Three cheers for Chris ... Hip hip

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Horray ! :D
Cheers for Chris - I enjoy reading your posts and comments (and your website) even though I don't contribute much.

It has been suggested that "Wildlife" comes under a separate heading from Smallholdings. If this happens, Chris, could your details be put on a sticky under "Wildlife" ? If you agree, of course. Then it would always be easy to find.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:11 pm 
Yes thanks for your work and posts Chris which I often read but don't post on. You probably won't remember but a while back I asked for advice on binoculars and moaned a bit about a lack of bird life. Well I've been actively twitching since in my area, often on the 'voie verte' route Parthenay to Bressuire. Amongst the more interesting birds I have seen are (from my point of view) Tree Creeper and in the same tree a Nuthatch, Pied Wagtail, Black Redstart, Greater Spotted Woodpecker and just today in the distance right next to where I live I heard a Green Woodpecker, so I got the bins and across my neighbours field I saw at least four Green Woodpeckers! There are many small birds I haven't been able to identify yet and I hear loads more that I never see. I still don't think there are that many birds around though, certainly more now spring has been here for a while and more seem to be arriving, I haven't seen the Hoopee yet though. :(