It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:13 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:43 am
Posts: 1814
Location: Correze (19)
Here is the list to check the dates for your Dept. http://www.oncfs.gouv.fr/Chasser-dans-l ... 8-news1916
Tin hats required (orange of course) if making any rural perambulations for the next 6 months.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:43 am
Posts: 1814
Location: Correze (19)
Also on the hunters' federation website:

"Depuis l’aube de l’humanité il y a des hommes qui chassent. Par nécessité dans un premier temps pour se nourrir et se défendre, puis dès l’apparition de l’élevage et de l’agriculture (milieu du néolithique soit 15.000 ans avant notre ère !) par plaisir uniquement.

De tout temps, des hommes et des femmes ont ressenti ce besoin de renouer avec le lien ancestral qui les relie à la nature. Redevenir prédateur comme à l’origine, mais progrès social aidant, un prédateur conscient, mesuré, raisonnable. Retrouver les émotions vraies du contact originel avec la nature, dans ce qu’elle peut avoir d’immuable, de sauvage, de violent parfois. Affronter le froid, l’humidité, la fatigue, la déception souvent, pour accéder à la joie suprême d’être soi-même, un temps, débarrassé des oripeaux de la modernité. Se confronter au naturel. (In their heated 4x4's)

Plus qu’un loisir, la chasse est avant tout un art de vivre, une posture face au monde du sauvage. Cependant, au fil des temps, elle a eu à s’adapter aux évolutions de la société, répondre aux impératifs environnementaux comme à la nouvelle demande sociale.

C’est ainsi que le chasseur cueilleur, il y a encore peu de temps, est devenu gestionnaire avant que de se transformer en acteur incontournable de la protection de la nature. Par sa connaissance de la faune bien sur, mais aussi par son implication chaque jour plus grande dans l’aménagement des milieux, la lutte pour le continuum des espaces, la recherche sur les espèces, le maintien de la biodiversité, la veille sanitaire, la régulation des espèces invasives…

C’est à ce titre que la Fédération Nationale des Chasseurs, comme chacune des fédérations départementales, est désormais reconnue au titre de la protection de la nature !

Chasser au 21ème, être le maillon d’une chaine ininterrompue depuis des millénaires, implique de nos jours une responsabilité assumée devant la société qui s’inquiète à juste titre des agressions qu’elle fait subir à la nature. Le chasseur est fier d’être « un passeur » et de contribuer à sa manière au développement durable."

Hmmm!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 6696
Location: Here and there, SW France
Me and the mutts had some 'fun' this morning with chasseurs who were out looking for small game. I drove round several areas where we normally walk and found hunters everywhere, so eventually said 'tant pis' and went for an area of public chemins, some of which is part of the long-distance Lot Valley vélo route. We haven't seen a bunny, hare for pheasant there for ages, nor any bunny poo (and believe me, labradors can find bunny poo at a hundred paces) EXCEPT in the zones reserved as non-chasse. Those bunnies aren't as daft as they look!
We set off with plenty of treats in the munchie-bag, cheese specials today as I had anticipated hunters and young Maona's off-lead recall is currently in adolescent-non-respond mode :-? .
I kept whistling them back so they were never further than 10 metres from me. Plus whenever a hunter whistled, I whistled too so that Maona concentrated on ME and didn't run across the fields to them.
We found ourselves stuck with hunters on each side of us, and to get back to our car I had to do a lot of close-control whistling, maybe a tad more than necessary but better safe than sorry. I got the impression they were all glad to see us go, but as we left a bunch of ramblers ambled up, then 2 cohorts of lycra-clad off-road cyclists.
In an hour I heard just one BANG!

_________________
If you're uncomfortable around my dogs I'm happy for you to stay away


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:49 pm
Posts: 2603
Location: Gers 32
You've just reminded me, it's Sunday today and up to now there's been no sign of the chasse.
OTOH for the last few weeks there has been a few individuals with a gun in the field surrounding our house, looking for quail. They come every August/Sept but usually stay at a good distance from our house. I rang the owner of the field once and he said he had given them permission.
Poor little birds though.
Liz - our posts crossed.I usually avoid the woods on a Sunday, for the same reason. But the last few years the huntsmen have been more obliging, and always wear the orange waistcoats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:26 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 24148
Location: Ille et Villaine (35)
Patf wrote:
But the last few years the huntsmen have been more obliging, and always wear the orange waistcoats.

I think there are various rules and regulations about wearing the orange gear - certainly the organised battues wore waistcoats, hats etc. I'm not sure about people going rabbiting though. Fortunately there isn't much round here despite the number of pheasants and partridges we see !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:44 pm
Posts: 11501
Location: The Republic of Limousin
Patf wrote:
You've just reminded me, it's Sunday today and up to now there's been no sign of the chasse.
OTOH for the last few weeks there has been a few individuals with a gun in the field surrounding our house, looking for quail. They come every August/Sept but usually stay at a good distance from our house. I rang the owner of the field once and he said he had given them permission.
Poor little birds though.
Liz - our posts crossed.I usually avoid the woods on a Sunday, for the same reason. But the last few years the huntsmen have been more obliging, and always wear the orange waistcoats.

Jeepers, how can you shoot quail?

Since we settled in the Wild West in 1991, we've seen the hunter population diminish dramatically. First by hunters shooting each other, then by...what? Smartphones? Geocaching? Foreign hols? Vegetarianism?

_________________
http://traduction.juridique.free.fr
I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better.
(Tracy de Scartes)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 24148
Location: Ille et Villaine (35)
I don't know how they shoot thrushes either - we rarely saw them at our last place. But here, they aren't hunted and it's nice to see them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:29 pm
Posts: 14259
Location: Was Plouasne 22830, now Ploeuc sur Lie 22150, France
MAD87 wrote:
Jeepers, how can you shoot quail?



I would recommend an ounce of No 9 shot in an open choked 20 bore, with a minimum range of 20 to 25 metres, any closer and you will get ready made Quail spread

Mind you I did once shoot a pigeon, with a goose load, an ounce and a half of No 3 shot, with a 3 inch chamber magnum 12 bore at about 150 yards if not more, my mate said to me as I threw the gun up and fired, pigeon I said, you will never hit it he said, just at that moment, the pigeon just folded up and came down dead, it was a freezing cold day and we had been sat in the hide for a couple of hours, not seeing a thing, and I wanted to warm my hands up on the barrel after I had fired a shot

_________________
Three meat and one veg

An old wild fowling motto : little powder, plenty lead, kill 'em dead

English born, Living in France, Therefore European

http://www.peakeenergies.fr/

Forum Admin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 5093
Location: somewhere in the "pays de dropt"
peake wrote:
MAD87 wrote:
Jeepers, how can you shoot quail?



I would recommend an ounce of No 9 shot in an open choked 20 bore, with a minimum range of 20 to 25 metres, any closer and you will get ready made Quail spread

Mind you I did once shoot a pigeon, with a goose load, an ounce and a half of No 3 shot, with a 3 inch chamber magnum 12 bore at about 150 yards if not more, my mate said to me as I threw the gun up and fired, pigeon I said, you will never hit it he said, just at that moment, the pigeon just folded up and came down dead, it was a freezing cold day and we had been sat in the hide for a couple of hours, not seeing a thing, and I wanted to warm my hands up on the barrel after I had fired a shot


Way back in the sixtys most farmers in Hampshire had a collective shoot on Sundays to keep the thousands of pigeons moving and kill as many as possible as they were just stripping fields.
On one foggy Sunday I was sat in a Dell with my 4,10 ready when six came fluttering down so up with gun and bang, got three with the one shot. Made a good pigeon pie.

_________________
Ex nihilo nihil fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:29 pm
Posts: 14259
Location: Was Plouasne 22830, now Ploeuc sur Lie 22150, France
Papibryn wrote:
peake wrote:
MAD87 wrote:
Jeepers, how can you shoot quail?



I would recommend an ounce of No 9 shot in an open choked 20 bore, with a minimum range of 20 to 25 metres, any closer and you will get ready made Quail spread

Mind you I did once shoot a pigeon, with a goose load, an ounce and a half of No 3 shot, with a 3 inch chamber magnum 12 bore at about 150 yards if not more, my mate said to me as I threw the gun up and fired, pigeon I said, you will never hit it he said, just at that moment, the pigeon just folded up and came down dead, it was a freezing cold day and we had been sat in the hide for a couple of hours, not seeing a thing, and I wanted to warm my hands up on the barrel after I had fired a shot


Way back in the sixtys most farmers in Hampshire had a collective shoot on Sundays to keep the thousands of pigeons moving and kill as many as possible as they were just stripping fields.
On one foggy Sunday I was sat in a Dell with my 4,10 ready when six came fluttering down so up with gun and bang, got three with the one shot. Made a good pigeon pie.


Think that I might be able to equal that, just

I was in the basement of the house that I was building, and at the same time living in it, there were no windows in the basement as yet, when I saw two pigeons getting a bit "frisky" on a tree outside

I said that I wished that I had my gun, and with that my sons said we will get it, and dashed off, and came back with my gun and cartridge belt, so when the pigeons started to look as if they were going to land on a branch of the tree, I fired one shot which echoed right around the village because we were in the bottom of a steep valley, also I fired from inside the window opening, which reverberated through out the house, the floor which was 3/4" thick plywood shook the exMiL who was standing at the sink on the floor above me screamed and let out an Oh my god what was that, as little dribbles of dust started to rain down

The boys dashed off to get the pigeons, from the stream that they had fallen into, plucked gutted, wrapped with a rasher of bacon in their own tin foil tent and roasted for about half an hour, they made a nice starter

_________________
Three meat and one veg

An old wild fowling motto : little powder, plenty lead, kill 'em dead

English born, Living in France, Therefore European

http://www.peakeenergies.fr/

Forum Admin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 5093
Location: somewhere in the "pays de dropt"
Ah but i bet your gun was a 12 bore, being of slight built it had too much kick back for me hence my 4,10, which was an ex poachers gun with a long barrel and could take either short or long cartdridges, I used to buy long and cut them down to short hence having less shot but a lot of power, used to kill rabbits further than a 12 bore.

_________________
Ex nihilo nihil fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 5093
Location: somewhere in the "pays de dropt"
For all of you who moan about la chasse here are a couple of stats given to me yesterday by the local chasse president.
They have been able to hunt wild boar since 1st June, in the Dordogne in the last year they have shot 10,000 sanglier, 15,000 chevreuil, just imagine the damage these would have done to crops, we have enough done in our hectare plot. Any damage done to crops last chasse can be held financially responsible.

_________________
Ex nihilo nihil fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 24148
Location: Ille et Villaine (35)
I've just read an article about sanglier in the area where we used to live : they have become so numerous that they are having to do a serious cull. They have been on the increase there for several years, and even forested areas can suffer - you'd think a digger had been there when a group of sanglier have passed and truffled the ground ! Young or newly planted trees suffer.

The guns are popping away at the moment, possibly hares though it might be perdrix or pheasant (I can't be bothered to check !)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:43 am
Posts: 1814
Location: Correze (19)
I have mixed views. If the hunt is responsible then the animal has a more natural life than one bred for slaughter. What I do object to though is the effective closure of the countryside for a major part of the year, particularly at weekends. At times also the discarded empty wine bottles don't inspire much confidence!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:20 am
Posts: 2529
Location: Le Périgord Vert (24)
I am very lucky, we live on an island, an island formed by the loop of lane that goes round us and the shortcut lane that goes past us. Big enough to have several fields and a forest for me to walk the dog in, but not enough to make it worthwhile for the hunt to intrude, even though we do get deer and sanglier from time to time.

My other walks are on well kept parkland down to the river and the voie verte along the old railway line.

My view on the hunt is that for necessary protection of crops and people, ok, also for food, but what I really object to is people who kill for the thrill of killing. To me that is abhorrent.

_________________
Salut, David.

http://longdistancedogdiary.weebly.com/index.html - Transporting dogs, anywhere

The Phoenix Association - dedicated to caring for lost and abandoned animals


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 24148
Location: Ille et Villaine (35)
Spardo wrote:
My view on the hunt is that for necessary protection of crops and people, ok, also for food, but what I really object to is people who kill for the thrill of killing. To me that is abhorrent.

+1 Spardo
Culling is also necessary for the good of the species if they have become too numerous. The hunters generally shoot the older beasts, but in terms of reducing numbers they can't be so specific.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:49 pm
Posts: 2603
Location: Gers 32
+2 Spardo.
Today the chasse seem to have been banned so that people can safely go into the local woods and collect mushrooms. It's a very special mushroom, evidently, called Cèpe. I've never tried it, always ultra-cautious when it comes to mushrooms.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 5093
Location: somewhere in the "pays de dropt"
Patf wrote:
+2 Spardo.
Today the chasse seem to have been banned so that people can safely go into the local woods and collect mushrooms. It's a very special mushroom, evidently, called Cèpe. I've never tried it, always ultra-cautious when it comes to mushrooms.


Try them, if you haven't eaten a cepe omelette you haven't lived.

_________________
Ex nihilo nihil fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 24148
Location: Ille et Villaine (35)
Cèpes make good soup too =p~
Loads of them where we used to live - our neighbour had 300 hectares of mixed woodland and we were given free access to his land :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:20 am
Posts: 2529
Location: Le Périgord Vert (24)
The trouble with delicious mushrooms is that so many of them seem to have a lethal look-a-like, which has always made me suspicious too.

My neighbour gathers cepes, but they seem to be identical to my eyes to the harmful ones in the book I have.

However, she doesn't know everything. I have a bi-annual (or bienniel? Anyway it comes every 2 years 8-| ) orange fan like mushroom that seems to grow on just one rotten tree stump. We have been frying it with lemon juice and olive oil for years without harm, it is delicious, but when I showed it to her she threw up her hands in alarm 'mortel' she declared and wouldn't even touch it. :lol:

_________________
Salut, David.

http://longdistancedogdiary.weebly.com/index.html - Transporting dogs, anywhere

The Phoenix Association - dedicated to caring for lost and abandoned animals


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 6696
Location: Here and there, SW France
Hunting's such a jolly pastime for all the family, kids can go along and be shot by their Grandad... then get a fun ride in a helicopter but unfortunately don't survive to tell the tale.
http://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de-la-loire/lucon-85400/vendee-un-adolescent-gravement-blesse-dans-un-accident-de-chasse-5252794
Then's there's the 57 year old who chucked some guts off a mountain into a ravine and oops! he followed them down to his death.
http://www.nicematin.com/faits-divers/un-mort-dans-les-alpes-maritimes-et-deux-blesses-dans-le-var-dans-des-accidents-de-chasse-167259

In English reports here:
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Boy-13-shot-dead-by-grandfather-on-hunting-trip

_________________
If you're uncomfortable around my dogs I'm happy for you to stay away


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:08 pm
Posts: 2395
Location: Basel and Suffolk
It's just taking paint-balling to a new level, Liz!

J


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 970
Location: Minervois Nr Carcassonne 11
I took la chasse into our garden a few years back when 2 cock pheaents were hoovering all the bird food on the wall about 40 foot from the kitchen door. I said to SWMBO that I was going to have one of them.

Well one day some friends were visiting when the birds appeared, so I got my catapult (who needs a noisy bang stick?) and went quietly outside the door. I shot one of them in the back of the head. It was dead when it hit the floor. My mate was amaised !

Hung in my workshop for a few days, then skinned, I gave up plucking the things years back, and SWMBO cooked it and it was delightful!!

Funnily though, we never saw the other one again?

I also find my catapult useful for getting rid of the cats that use our garden as a feeding place (birds) and a toilet. They can go from 0 to 60 mph in about 1/4 second when a stone hits the bush about a foot away from them! I never aim to hit, just to scare the crap out of them and it works... We attract the birds into our garden to feed them and not for the cats to kill them!

_________________
John.
Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else!
My woodturing
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 5093
Location: somewhere in the "pays de dropt"
Yes John catapults are vg for silently getting rid of unrouly beasties, way back in my youth I was a dab hand with one.
My best method for poaching pheasants was to feed them at the bottom of the garden for a few days then put some corn down which had been soaked in whiskey, all I had to do was to go out and pick them up. :) :)

_________________
Ex nihilo nihil fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 970
Location: Minervois Nr Carcassonne 11
Well at least they died happy :-? :D :D

We went for a short walk Sunday morning. Just a little way out of the village and up a well used track. As soon as we heard the double bangs SWMBO got nervous. They were at least 1/2 mile away so no problem to us, but I just do as I am told (sometimes?) and we turned and went back home. It has always seemed a shame that so few can hog the countryside for 1/2 the year.

Our village walking group go out on Tyesdays because there's no hunting then, but that's just hard luck for they wot work init. :O3

_________________
John.
Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else!
My woodturing
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Posts: 1045
Location: 35 deg 16' 56" south, 174 deg 5' 28" eastIt
Blaze wrote:
Spardo wrote:
My view on the hunt is that for necessary protection of crops and people, ok, also for food, but what I really object to is people who kill for the thrill of killing. To me that is abhorrent.

+1 Spardo
Culling is also necessary for the good of the species if they have become too numerous. The hunters generally shoot the older beasts, but in terms of reducing numbers they can't be so specific.

Homo sapiens could benefit from some culling.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 5093
Location: somewhere in the "pays de dropt"
nifty wrote:
Blaze wrote:
Spardo wrote:
My view on the hunt is that for necessary protection of crops and people, ok, also for food, but what I really object to is people who kill for the thrill of killing. To me that is abhorrent.

+1 Spardo
Culling is also necessary for the good of the species if they have become too numerous. The hunters generally shoot the older beasts, but in terms of reducing numbers they can't be so specific.

Homo sapiens could benefit from some culling.


Sky news this morning's report that the nuclear is in trouble because of people's bad life stifles and people living much older.
When does the culling start to solve their problem?

_________________
Ex nihilo nihil fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 970
Location: Minervois Nr Carcassonne 11
A few minutes ago I put a reply on here?

Now it has disappeared??

This isn't the first time it has happened either.

Is someone trying to tell me something?

_________________
John.
Never forget that you are unique, just like everyone else!
My woodturing
http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 5093
Location: somewhere in the "pays de dropt"
Papibryn wrote:
nifty wrote:
Blaze wrote:
Spardo wrote:
My view on the hunt is that for necessary protection of crops and people, ok, also for food, but what I really object to is people who kill for the thrill of killing. To me that is abhorrent.

+1 Spardo
Culling is also necessary for the good of the species if they have become too numerous. The hunters generally shoot the older beasts, but in terms of reducing numbers they can't be so specific.

Homo sapiens could benefit from some culling.


Sky news this morning's report that the nuclear is in trouble because of people's bad life stifles and people living much older.
When does the culling start to solve their problem?

Now where did nuclear come from I wrote nhs ?

_________________
Ex nihilo nihil fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:08 pm
Posts: 2395
Location: Basel and Suffolk
Jonzjob wrote:
A few minutes ago I put a reply on here?

Now it has disappeared??

This isn't the first time it has happened either.

Is someone trying to tell me something?


Sometimes, if someone else has posted something in between you starting your post and actually posting it, you get an alert to allow you to edit your message - so in effect you have to click a second submit - and if you don't the post does not get made.

I have fallen foul of this before

J


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 5093
Location: somewhere in the "pays de dropt"
I blame it all on gremlins, like predicted text which seems to happen even though its turned off on my samsung tablet.

_________________
Ex nihilo nihil fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:12 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 24148
Location: Ille et Villaine (35)
Papibryn wrote:
I blame it all on gremlins, like predicted text which seems to happen even though its turned off on my samsung tablet.

I never have that problem with my Mac laptop ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:08 pm
Posts: 2395
Location: Basel and Suffolk
Papibryn wrote:
I blame it all on gremlins, like predicted text which seems to happen even though its turned off on my samsung tablet.


What's the gremlin hunting season?

J


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 5093
Location: somewhere in the "pays de dropt"
Found the problem, tablet did an update of the system over night and re set predicted text, bloody things try To rule you.

_________________
Ex nihilo nihil fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hunting Season Again
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:08 am
Posts: 2349
Location: Ardeche
Well our walking group ran into the chasse on Sunday (we were already both aware of the others plans and the possibility of meeting). After a short discussion, we agreed to change our trajectory and they changed the direction in which they were beating.

Judging by the number of times we were passed by the same 4x4s full of orange jacketed individuals on the road sections going first one way and then the other and then back again and again, I think their activities were much more disturbed than ours.

All very amicable and not a hint of alcohol on either side - which is as it should be.

_________________
Andy


For every problem there is a solution that is simple, quick ..............and wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
greenmiles v1.1 designed by CodeMiles Team -TemplatesDragon-.