It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: CMU/MSA/RSA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:56 pm 

Please I do not mean this request to be rude to any member on the forum, so please don't take it in a personal way as I am sure that many have good advice.

Do to a serious situation that has occurred for me I need someone who is really knowledgeable on the subject heading.

My Son and I have lived in France since dec 24 2004.
We are English so european.
My son has spent a fair amount of time working for a farmer on a monthly contract basis, but due to lack of work his hours have gone under 60 hours a month. The MSA have removed his benefit to medical help.

His Boss lives in 36
We live in 18

The MSA is dealt with at department 36, they have told my son that he must now sign on for the normal CMU Base at dept18.
We made the visit and gave everything they asked for and was told everything should be ok.

Letter from head office came and said please fill in another form (Which had already been done prior)and provide receipts from your chomage payments.

We don't claim chomage we are happy with the small amount of money we have. Which for those that may wonder is about 540€ a month + more if my son does any work.

So we go back to the office and they tell us you need to go and see the MSA in this department 18 and get RSA. Q to them why is it a condition that we claim as I assume that RSA is the same as chomage. No answer.

Now we sort of know that a visit to the MSA in 18 is going to result in being told that you are to go to department 36 as you were under 36 and we sort of know that MSA departement 36 is going to send us back to the CMU in Dept 18 as they did in the first place.

MY son in the meantime is without cover and we do not have the funds that is needed for his treatments. I am ok as I am on CMU comp anyway and my new problem is free anyway as it concerns the heart. This is becoming very stressful right now and after just being released from hospital and told to rest and not get stressed, this is the last thing I need.

But who to turn to to get these people to stop playing silly games?

Post subject: Re: CMU/MSA/RSA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:08 pm 

update
Got the use of RSA wrong

Revenu de solidarité active
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Revenu de solidarité active (RSA) is a French form of social welfare. It is aimed at people working with low wages and provide them with a complement; its aim is to encourage activity. It was implemented on 1 June 2009 by the French government.
The final aim is to replace the Revenu minimum d'insertion and the Prime pour l'emploi.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:40 pm 

As far as I can tell, and have been advised by French colleagues, it is important to register for work at the Pole Emploi even if you do not qualify for chomage nor want to claim it. The registration effectively "regularises" your situation regarding social security (healthcare etc.) so that you can more easily navigate the system.

So even if you don't want to claim chomage, the French system requires that you are registered in order for all their administration and processes to work in the normal way.

It is easy to register and can be done online at http://www.pole-emploi.fr/accueil/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:01 pm 

Tinabee.

Ok understand that however I must point out that my son has held a carte Vitale for more than two years, but of course with the MSA and he of course pays tax's when he earns enough.

Now whilst we understand that there are the two systems it does not make sense to send us to the MSA for claiming RSA before they will give my son medical cover.

The other problem is that we read somewhere that when one registers one has to be available for work, but then what does he do if this conflicts with his present employment. They just don't make these issue's clear.

We are going to visit the CMU at Bourges tomorrow maybe someone there will help more than the local town and we can then go through the correct stages, like registration etc at the pole emploi.