It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: We have a parcel for you
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:28 am 

Does anyone else get these messages? On my return to France I listened to my messages and there were several saying (in French) that they had a parcel for me, and to phone a number (which is always slightly different) to discuss delivery. I did phone once, but the recorded message mentioned money, and I immediately put the phone down, fearing a scam. I still get the occasional message, but ignore them.

I phoned the one person who I knew was sending a package to me, and it he had not yet sent it. He also suggested that it might be a scam. If anyone knows whether this is indeed a scam, I would be grateful for any information.

Post subject: Re: We have a parcel for you
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:36 am 
Site Admin

This is very probably a spam call.
In my experience, whenever there has been a parcel that the carrier or La Poste have been unable to deliver, they have left a written message in the letter box.

These callers want you to call back and you could find that the rate is extortionate. Even better for them if they persuade you to send them some money !!
If you type the number into Google, you will probably find confirmation of it being a spammer.

We have had several calls from 02 54 89 46 52 and various others. We either don't answer, or we pick up the receiver and replace it immediately.

We stopped answering calls with our name or number a long time ago unless we recognise the number which flashes up on the screen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:20 am 

We get these from time to time and occasionally a text on the mobile when we are not expecting a parcel. Always be wary of anyone who asks you to call a number beginning with 08...
http://www.metronews.fr/conso/arnaque-au-numero-surtaxe-attention-aux-appels-soi-disant-de-la-poste-pour-des-colis-ou-lettres-a-recuperer/mpam!areisqppYTkZA/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:16 pm 

We've had a flurry in recent weeks and they are just a commercial scam - spend €1k with us and we'll delivery a 'cadeau' worth 2c made somewhere well east of Marseille.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:37 pm 

Yes, your messages are scams !

I've had scores of deliveries from all over the world and the only calls I've ever had have been from drivers asking for directions.

I unplug my Livebox when I go away (ultimate lightning protection) and since I'm all VoIP I come home to zero messages.

Anybody who might genuinely need to get hold of me will have my mobile phone number, possibly the number where I am, and my email address, so I have no need whatsoever to leave an answer phone on at home.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:06 pm 

Well I was expecting a delivery, and was told that I would be warned by text when it would arrive, and phoned on my mobile if the driver had difficulty finding me.

I recieved a couple of confusing texts from Geodis asking me to choose my delivery time from a rather strange website, which didn't have any means of doing such a thing on it.

After the 3rd text, I realised that on the same Google page there was a Geodis website, made the connection, and arranged the delivery.

There must be an easier way. And an easier way to unload a 59 kilo gearbox strapped to a pallet from a lorry assured to have a tail lift. 'Il ne marche pas' he said when I was invited to grab one end and carry it up a slope to the gate.

http://longdistancedogdiary.weebly.com/index.html - Transporting dogs, anywhere

The Phoenix Association - dedicated to caring for lost and abandoned animals