It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Useful numbers for Orange/FT
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:29 pm 

Some useful information for contacting Orange/FT

Telephone contact : http://www.orange.com/en_EN/tools/contact/index.jsp 09 69 36 39 00

Mail contact: http://www.1013.fr/

Please let us know if they are useful.

Post subject: Re: Useful numbers for Orange/FT
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:44 am 

I have given the English help line N° to several non-French speaking friends, and once they have got through the muzak the service has been excellent. They have sorted out line failures, double-billing and changes of address.
It's open Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm and you can call that number from outside of France

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:09 pm 
I have posted on another thread that I got through this morning and got very good resuts . I liked the fact that I was told that the longest I would have to wait would be six minutes - it was actually about two.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm 

09 69 36 39 00

This is the number for the English help line. I have used it a couple of times for myself and it has been very very good and I have not had to waite more than a few minutes.

But!!! I have also used it to help a French friend and they have been fantastic. I have had to phone them 7 times for the same problem. The line was totally down and out for 4, yes four, months! They were great, but the local BT were the biggest bunch of plonkers this side of creation. The English help line tried all that they could, but they were not able to pass even the most simple info onto the locals apart from asking them to go to the problem and each new engineer arrived, looked at the problem, said there was a problem with the underground line to the house and walked away and nothing happened.

Then after a long e-mail to the secretariat in Paris, with no reply or accnowedgment the line magically reappeared and has started working again today! We still don't know what was 'repaired' and I feel another e-mail comming on to ask if they know what courtesy and communications are all about and I think that is a BIT SAD for a comms company!

http://johnamandiers.wix.com/johns-w-o-w-1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:07 am 

I also got quick (same day) replies to 2 emails I sent via the messagerie to customer services - amazing!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:35 am 
Site Admin

Just picking up this thread as I see it is for Orange/FT.

I recently changed to this server supplier, and see some of you are already with them.

Quick question - the phone works through internet, and sometimes it will give one ring, then stop. Particularly annoying in the middle of the night!!

Did anyone have the same thing happen? I'm trying to search their website to see what it means and if I can disable it.

Any ideas? Otherwise I'll try out those useful numbers provided, but thought it might be something really simple!! :-\

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:34 pm 

I wonder if my phone works through internet, as it now has different dial tone and did occasionally just ring once . I am still in UK, and switched whole service over to AOL. Maybe not the best, but had relatively few problems over the years. Mind you a few yearsago when broadband was being introduced, my father in law had a problem, contacted them and it got magically fixed. Suspect some other person suddenly found themselves with a poorly working connection.
I will need to get phone and internet for house in france, I assume this English helpline might help me get something up and running. Can't see them turning away new custom.

Lancashire,and now a place in France, partly restored
Http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:53 am 

Location: Landes- between Mont de Marsan and the Gers border.
At last Orange seem to have got their act together. We have had intermittent internet connection problems since the end of last week. I gave in and called them on Sunday and they were extremely helpful. They couldn't sort the problem though and told me that an "expert" would call me between 10am and noon on Monday. Much to my surprise he called at 11am but still couldn't sort out the problem so asked me when, on Wednesday, he could send a technician out giving me a choice of am or pm. I opted for am and he said that someone would be here between 8am and noon. At 8.10 this morning 2 young guys arrived and after checking indoors, outdoors and at the exchange finally solved the problem at 10am. There was no charge as the problem was outdoors and they have given me a guarantee ( and contact number)for 2 weeks so that if the problem re-occurs I can call them out again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:22 pm 

http://www.1013.fr is a good way to report line faults.

Bayleaf: The livebox will give one ring if it reboots itself which, from my own experince, it does quite often.
The only way to stop the ring would be to unplug the phone from it completely, or switch the box off overnight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:07 pm 

As far as I know Ernie, we have never heard our VOIP phone ring only once? Perhapse we have been lucky, but no problems at all..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:38 am 

Do you have the newer Livebox 2 or the old wedge shape one, that may be the difference.

The Livebox 2 and the Sagem phone which comes with it definitely gives one ring after a reboot when the VoIP finally synchs up which can take a couple of minutes and it's not just mine which does this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:34 pm 
I have just used the English speaking help line (09 69 36 39 00 as above) and it was excellent and friendly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:58 pm 

I'm glad I checked this, as I will need to phone that number shortly. I have a residence secondaire tarrif, and need to un-suspend the service. Since the suspension of it, the site has migrated to Orange, and what was a very simple thing to do has taken half an hour with my just giving up in the end. There used to be a simple link to my service, once I had logged in, and I simply needed to click in a box to get the line activated. I'm damned if I can find it now.

The other thing is that to get to my compte or facture, I need to input the number from the paper bill. If I had the paper bill, I wouldn't need to access it on line!

I'll go and lie down and take a tablet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15 pm 

Is that a tablet, a laptop, a PC or a smart phone?

I'd opt for the phone. easier because it's smaller :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:46 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Was Plouasne 22830, now Ploeuc sur Lie 22150, France
DaveW wrote:
Some useful information for contacting Orange/FT

Telephone contact : http://www.orange.com/en_EN/tools/contact/index.jsp 09 69 36 39 00

Mail contact: http://www.1013.fr/

Please let us know if they are useful.

Its an English speaking person on the help line number, he sounded a bit Indian, I will know better tomorrow,if the engineer turns up has promised, between 08.00 & 13.00 hrs, the only thing that I do know at the moment is that they know how to charge for the call, I was in a cabin, and had to use my bank card to pay for the call, and you could see the money coming off the card quicker than snow melts in the desert, it cost me 2.75€ for a 5 minute call

An old wild fowling motto : little powder, plenty lead, kill 'em dead

English born, Living in France, Therefore European

http://www.peakeenergies.fr/

Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:37 am 

Orange have a diagnostic tool you can run on your line.

http://telechargement.assistance.orange.fr/dsltest/DSLtest2103.exe

This is version 2.1.0.3 but when you run it it tells you that version 2.1.0.4 is available with a link to download that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:12 pm 

09 69 36 39 00 works well - you must use the whole number BTW 3900 on it's own gets it in French !

I phoned them today because my speed had recently dropped from the 2mb it has been for a long time to 1mb :)]

They told me that the the new exchange in my village now employed adaptive sensing meaning that it's continually monitoring the line and if over time it sees excessive noise or disruptions it automatically switches it down a notch, in my case from 2mb to 1mb.

Well I had certainly not been aware of any noise or disruptions and as far as I was concerned my 2mb was rock solid (I should get more but that's another story) however she spoke to a technician who immediately restored it to 2mb and also locked it there so the system could not decide to turn it down again.

Not a bad service as these things go in France :-bd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:55 pm 

Just an update:

After telling me that they had fixed my line at 2mb a day or so after my last post it dropped back to about 1.2

I phoned them again yesterday afternoon and after some tests they said that there was a problem on the line and that they would send an engineer sometime between today and Saturday.

Well he turned up at about 08:45 this morning, did a couple of tests in the house, confirmed a problem and went off to find and fix it. He came back at 15:15, did a couple more tests and voila, I now have flat line 2.2mb

Fingers crossed it stays that way this time :YMPRAY:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:06 am 

Anyone get that test working? I get an error after Suivant and that the test is cancelling... but OK fails to get rid of dialog... (Testing on XP) will try on Win 7 duuh same error.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:58 am 

This is the latest version but it doesn't work for me with Win7 64bit, even as Administrator.

No longer have an XP machine to try it on.

http://assistance.orange.fr/telechargement/exe/DSLtest2104.exe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:01 pm 

Should not be too surprised I guess :D

This one works well http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest?flash=1 nice and simple.

But does not do noise testing or some of the other tests that can be useful for tracing problems. Problem with those tests is that they assume techy knowledge so I give above as a general purpose... go to http://www.dslreports.com/ for lots more tests includind France based ones.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:23 pm 

Unfortunately most online speed tests are notoriously inaccurate and inconsistent and often do as much to confuse as anything else.

When I've tested mine rarely do any report much above about 1.8mb whereas in fact I can download real files at a flat 2.1mb as per this screen shot of a test file download from http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test