It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Declaring tax on line
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:47 pm 

Anyone doing it any problems? Tried today but after putting in my three sets of different numbers about ten times, it still wouldn't let me log on or reset the account, is it because they don't want you to do it online I mean it will save a lot of paperwork which means less jobs for the army of paperpushes which is France.

Post subject: Re: Declaring tax on line
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:11 pm 

Hi Spectrum2. At the moment over a certain amount it's compulsory to declare online, can't remember the amount.
Soon every one has to and if you don't you get a fine, hard luck for those not on line.
Yes that's France and by posts here your not the only one to have problems, ourselves so far none.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:47 pm 

We have had no problems whatsoever since we started declaring on line two years ago. Pap, for those who haven’t got a PC, they just carry on declaring on paper as they have always done.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:04 pm 

So far I have managed to avoid making on line declarations by declaring incompetence. I am not really in a position to help except to ask why a declaration is being made in August when all declarations were supposed to have been completed by the end of May?

Is that the root of the problem:The system is not expecting any declaration at this time of year?

For every problem there is a solution that is simple, quick ..............and wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:12 pm 

thelastoneout wrote:
So far I have managed to avoid making on line declarations by declaring incompetence. I am not really in a position to help except to ask why a declaration is being made in August when all declarations were supposed to have been completed by the end of May?

Is that the root of the problem:The system is not expecting any declaration at this time of year?

Exactly what I thought. It might be an idea to trot off to your tax office and have a chat with them. The Fisc are usually v helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:15 pm 

Me too, but wasn't there an opportunity to change details beyond the point of declaration? Not sure, but if there is, there must be a cutoff point and I would have thought it was before now.

I have declared online for some years, but always stick to the paper deadline.........just in case online, later, does not work.

http://longdistancedogdiary.weebly.com/index.html - Transporting dogs, anywhere

The Phoenix Association - dedicated to caring for lost and abandoned animals

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:57 am 

Once the tax bills are out - which they are now - you can't make any amendments. So maybe you need to go to the tax office and accept a slapped wrist for not completing them earlier. I think the deadline for doing it online was last month, but could be wrong so don't quote me on that.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/967912876580746/ SWAT South West Animal Team fundraisers

http://www.closfleurionline.com The home from home for your cat whilst you are on holiday

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:08 am 
Site Admin

https://www.frenchtaxonline.com/french-tax/schedule.php

Here's a schedule of deadlines. It depends on what type of return you are doing by the looks of it. I, too, thought the main deadline had been and gone. I would recommend you visit your tax office if you can. It would all be done and dusted and no more stress - hopefully! ;;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:11 am 

The reason I am late is because of the lose of my house "see other post" we have moved four times in five months the paperwork only caught up with me last week, the deadline for on-line is September I think, but will fill the paperwork and post it off.