It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: A breath of fresh air!
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:31 am 

Yesterday pm I emailed my classic car insurer to ask about adding OH's classics to my policy (I changed insurers last September and had asked then if this would be possible when they came up for renewal).
I sent my request with attached copies of the Cartes Grises and received an automatic acknowledgement.
This morning I had an email asking for a copy of OH's driving licence, which I sent straight away.
The devis arrived 15 minutes later.
I then rang the company - normal telephone number, none of this 0800 wait for hours - and a helpful girl clicked up the file and answered all my questions.
Isn't it sad to be pleased that something so simple has been achieved without hassle?

Ok, you don't know how good any insurer is until you make a claim, but at least this lot reply AND I know where their actual office is in Mérignac.

Post subject: Re: A breath of fresh air!
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:36 am 
Site Admin

It's always nice to hear when someone has received good service !

We've used MAAF for nearly 20 years and have always been happy with their service. A rare claim or two has been settled without question, a car accident (not my fault) and no loss of no-claims. We have always gone into the office and been well received, and have dealt with the same woman for years (that must be a rarity today !)

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:42 am 

I changed from Generali after many years because they refused to answer a simple question about length of time in hospital before payments ceased.

My new outfit, Sofincas, have very helpful English speakers and got back with the (right) answer within 24 hours.

I was in the pharmacy a week or so ago and saw an advert for a free hearing test. Suspecting I might need assistance in that direction I booked and did the test. The aid was a great improvement and cost almost €300 so I asked Sofincas how much they would reimburse. The answer was nothing because I have paid for Level 1 when I have proof that I have level 2 which pays 150%. I await another reply tomorrow.

I know that the 150% is a percentage of the CPAM payment but, do they pay out for hearing aids? If they do I'm guessing it won't be much, and 150% of not very much is not very much but it is better than a poke in the ear with a burnt stick. :-?

If Sofincas let me down I think I will check out Aviva. They have been very helpful for house and car insurance matters and have definitely not made a profit out of me for the last few years. :)

http://longdistancedogdiary.weebly.com/index.html - Transporting dogs, anywhere

The Phoenix Association - dedicated to caring for lost and abandoned animals

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:49 pm 

we are also with MAAF have been for over 25 years they gave me full no claims right from the start as I had in the UK, had three breakdowns whilst driving back to the UK, each time they have been superb with a replacement car twice.
our insurance premium hasn't gone up for five years and they tell me that even with an accident of my own fault that it will stay the same for life? at 77 years young that’s not bad.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:56 pm 

I had an accident which at the time I accepted was my fault, but with hindsight, wasn't, and Aviva coffed up without question with no affect on my bonus at all.

http://longdistancedogdiary.weebly.com/index.html - Transporting dogs, anywhere

The Phoenix Association - dedicated to caring for lost and abandoned animals