It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Good morning, I'm here!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:39 pm 

Good girl!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:15 am 

I had a lovely weekend with my boarding family, there were two young boys so we had lots of games in their big garden. On Sunday afternoon we went to guide dog school, weird I thought, it's a Sunday, but it was the Puppywalkers Annual Gathering where they all eat galettes and we don't. Met up with lots of friends, then oh joy! I spotted AuntyB! She was with Fixit, then Liz came through the crowds so we were all together again. AuntyB and I snoozed all the way home, lulled ny the swish swish of the windscreen wipers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:09 pm 

AuntieB wasn't on form yesterday morning, she didn't come walkies and Liz took her to see the vet. I waited in the back of the Kangoo with a nice new chew bone.
I feel a bit guilty that it was my fault she wasn't good, I didn't half crash into her on Wednesday afternoon as I tried to brake and stop after running across a field.
Anyway, she told me she'd had a cuddle from a nice man, a couple of jabs and she has some tablets to go in her brekky.
Yesterday afternoon just Liz and I went for a lovely scrambly walk up in the woods as AuntieB was sleepy.
Today she seems better, but we only went for a short walk this morning.
Then I went training and got attacked by a nasty black mongrel. It was on a lead but the human at the end of it didn't reel it in or tell it off properly. Those extensible leads should be banned!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:43 pm 

liz wrote:
Then I went training and got attacked by a nasty black mongrel. It was on a lead but the human at the end of it didn't reel it in or tell it off properly. Those extensible leads should be banned!

Quite agree, Miss Mutt. I had one once for our dearly beloved but sadly departed Yorkie. Many's the time I was wrapped round / testhered to a lamp post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:32 pm 

MAD87 wrote:
liz wrote:

Quite agree, Miss Mutt. I had one once for our dearly beloved but sadly departed Yorkie. Many's the time I was wrapped round / testhered to a lamp post.

It's all a question of control. I used to hate them myself when my brand new Greyhound pet raced off at high speed after a cat. Only to come to an abrupt halt and be launched into the air. I felt sure her neck was broken, but she was ok. I threw it away immediately.

But, with a light dog who does not race off without warning, like my current Setter, Tosca, it is ideal. It gives her more freedom and if danger aproaches I can reel her in by repeatedly extending my arm before locking the lead and dropping the arm again. It means she can walk ahead on the lane but can be recalled without a problem even though she is deaf. As I said, a question of control.

I hope you weren't hurt young lady. :-s

http://longdistancedogdiary.weebly.com/index.html - Transporting dogs, anywhere

The Phoenix Association - dedicated to caring for lost and abandoned animals

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:10 pm 

Thank you Spardo, I wasn't hurt just deeply offended and a tad scared. There's a working guide dog here, an australian shepherd, whose master no longer goes into town on market day cos his dog was jumped on so often by other mutts.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:47 pm 

liz wrote:
Thank you Spardo, I wasn't hurt just deeply offended and a tad scared. There's a working guide dog here, an australian shepherd, whose master no longer goes into town on market day cos his dog was jumped on so often by other mutts.

That's awful, to be restricted like that with the very thing that gave him freedom.

I find the worst dogs out and about are little ones. Danes, Mastiffs, Dobies & Rotties are fine. If they are off lead that is normally a good sign that they are (yes, I know some are not meant to be, stupid category laws :| ).

I have to laugh though. I take my Tosca (English Setter) to the field which leads down to the river. Always off lead she runs around and takes no notice of other dogs. Sometimes there is another walker there, with dog off lead, and we stand and chat for a while. But there is this one man who has a couple of Chihuahuas, off lead, but as soon as he sees me drive up, knowing the door will soon be open and Tosca jumping out, he runs and calls in panic to gather his 2 up in his arms. He probably has reason, judging by the racket they set up towards Tosca, who imperiously, and pointedly, ignores them. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:14 pm 

Asked to go out for a pipi yesterday evening, and WHAT? Scary! Things falling out of the sky... small bits... in the air but not on the ground. I backed back into the safety of indoors. AuntyB toddled out, I didn't know she was so brave, so eventually (with Liz giggling behind me) I sauntered out, warily. Phew. My head wasn't hit. Funny stuff all over the leaves and Liz collected some and threw it at me. Weird fluffy and wet and white and cold.
This morning we met it on walkies at dawn, on the ground and it was fun!
Then we drove to Cahors, lots of it all over the place and it blew off the trees on me as we went training walkies. Brrr it was, Liz decided we needed a warm-up in a café so I got her little bikkie :) as she said it had gluten in it. I like gluten but it makes her ill. Don't tell skool, I'm not s'posed to have human food ssshhh.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:07 am 

In DEEP trouble yesterday pm cos I deviated at the end of walkies. I just fancied popping down from Freda's house to look at the garden below, then other things wandered into my field of view so I scampered off to investigate them. I didn't think Liz would mind as she always has a cuppa up where we go walkies with Freda before we go home. Well she did worry and there were search parties out looking for me, Fixit and Freda's master each in a car, Liz on foot and Freda's mum running mission control at the house. She was pleased but cross when I ran in her kitchen door and she slammed it pdq.
oops!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:04 am 

Maona, you have me in stitches and always brighten my day, but I can sympathise with the others in your world, what a worry you can be. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:35 pm 

:o :) :) Spardo!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

She sounds quite a little tinker :x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:48 pm 

This morning Liz wouldn't let me off the lead when we were down in the vines as some workers had dogs with them. Short walkies then into the car for a lovely sunny (for once) drive to Bordeaux. Nice musak and a big chewbone to while away the time. Then oh joy of joys, my new trainer Benjamin was by the gate and bipped us through, and Rémy was there too! I jumped up and gave them both a big kiss.
I'm now in skool, sharing a room with a labradoodle which is great fun. Gotta see the vet Wednesday but just for a jab. Tarra for now, back home Friday week!