It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:01 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: insert woodburner question
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 pm 

Hi all, I need to change my insert woodburner in the near future as the grate has burned through and recently the glass has cracked in the door. It has probably been there since the house was built in the 60s so it is due for replacement. Also it dosen't have a makers name so I can't get spares. This is only a maison secondaire and we're not here during the winter, so I can't justify the cost of a new insert as we also have fuel central heating.
I've seen lots for sale second hand on Leboncoin etc but they all seem to have the door opening from right to left, whereas mine opens from left to right and the position of the fire would make it awkward to refuel if the door opened from the right.
I'm just wondering if the doors are all capable of being changed over to open from either side. My present insert has hinges either side and just needs the pins taking out and the door turned upside down and refitted, but, looking at the photos on various sites, non appear to have hinges visible on the other side. The manufacturers sites don't mention this but all show doors opening from the right.
I wonder if anyone can tell me if their insert door can open in either direction, and also the make of the insert. Thanks in advance :-bd