It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Photography - How to Improve?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 pm 

Mandy thanks for sharing. I could have done with your skills when we were putting together our application to restore our cottage. :)

Your Christmas ice cubes are great! Love your imagination. Agree with Nettie, would love to understand more about layers.

May I also give a heartfelt thanks to everyone who's been so generous posting to this thread and sharing their ideas and experiences. Never thought when I first posted that the topic would take off like this. I'm really learning such useful stuff. I love photography but never had the courage to join a club, always felt I was not good enough. This has become my virtual photo club and it's such fun. :ymhug:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:12 pm 

SPJ-looks as if we're going to have a new section,courtesy of Blaze. :)

One thing I would like to add is that,even though digital photography IS forgiving, it can actually stunt personal development. When people say,shoot loads and you're bound to find a few good ones,I would disagree. I think that a good focus (no pun intended) would be to actually shoot 'less'. Go out with a plan.eg. If it's been raining,shoot puddle reflections. Look for the water droplets caught in leaves. On a sunny day-look for shadows and shapes.Go out with a purpose. (Obviously I'm not saying ignore golden opportunities).

I suppose what I'm trying to say is slow down and don't take loads and loads of shots.Try to take 20,for example and see if 10 make you happy.Then increase the percentages. Just some thoughts. :)

I.C.U...............Jimmy........20/20 vision.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:43 pm 

rebus wrote:
Nettie wrote:
Blaze excellent idea - I really want to be able to do what Naylors Ark can do. I need to know how to use layers.

This might help,Nettie-from DPS

http://digital-photography-school.com/u ... -photoshop

Thanks Rebus, will have a study to see what it all means and then try to use what I learn in Corel Draw - perhaps I can find something on the 'net' on how to do it with CD - I just couldn't get my head around Photoshop which is why I changed to CD.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:03 pm 

I know "getting your head around" layers can be difficult to begin with.
I've found when teaching others, to imagine you have your picture, then on top you have lots of pieces of cellophane the same size.
Completely clear other than a small image on each piece in a different place on each sheet.
When you stack them in an pile you can see a picture with all the images.
Also you can shuffle them in any order, add effects to each layer independently etc..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

The new Photography section is now up and running.
This topic has become very long and involved and covers far too many areas to be really useful now. Because it has wandered so much, it would be far to long and difficult a job for any of the Moderators to try and sort out into the right section of the new forum.

Could everyone now please use the new section : this topic will be locked shortly and moved to the Photography section, so will still be available for reading, but not posting !

Feel free to re-post your questions, advice and photos in the appropriate section !

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5