It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Is it a good time to buy land?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 pm 

I ask because I've had two lots of land advertised on leboncoin for ages - so long ago that they probably don't show up in a search anymore as I've forgotten to renew them - and all of a sudden I'm getting enquiries about them.

One lot is various plots of woodland, including some by a river, in Haute Vienne - I've had three emails, including one offer of 75% of what I paid for it, which I wasn't really happy with but was considering when I got the other emails.

The other lot is three hectares in St Paul La Roche in the Dordogne with three fishing lakes on, which I advertised as for sale or to swap for a house or flat near Angouleme or Confolens - and a guy just phoned me to ask if it's still for sale, sounding excited. He is to talk to his wife and call me back tonight, so fingers crossed she doesn't talk him out of it. :D

But really, why all this activity over these last few days? Is there a reason there is a rush on at this time of year? I'm wondering if it's to do with the hunting season, since the last time I got an offer on my land in the Haute Vienne it was from a hunter who wanted to own enough land to have the right to hunt there. (Over eight hectares is enough for that, apparently).

Post subject: Re: Is it a good time to buy land?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:40 pm 

Are the buyers French or Foreign ?

It is very strange.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:40 pm 

French is the new foreign :))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:11 pm 

French - I don't usually get any foreign responses from leboncoin adverts.

Maybe things are looking up as I've also just had an email enquiry about the house and old bakery I've advertised in the same area in the Dordogne.

I'm hoping I'll sell something and will then have a bit of money to tart up the house I'm living in to hopefully sell that too. It needs the front painting really to give it a bit more 'kerb appeal' and I'll bet that's not cheap. I daren't ask anyone as I haven't got the money to do it at the moment and I'll only get depressed at the answer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:19 pm 

Maybe the French are starting to buy back the Dordogne

If they can buy it back 25 % cheaper than they sold it they laughing.

They are not so stupid the French.

LOL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:30 pm 

It was the land in the Haute Vienne that I got the low offer on (probably I paid too much for it in the first place - being the only property I've bought from an Englishman :D ). I've got someone else coming to see that on Monday though. The guy who rang about the lakes didn't seem to quibble at the price. Hopefully the ones who've inquired about the house won't either but even if they do, I'm glad to start getting some interest.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:39 pm 

Debra wrote:
It was the land in the Haute Vienne that I got the low offer on (probably I paid too much for it in the first place - being the only property I've bought from an Englishman :D ). I've got someone else coming to see that on Monday though. The guy who rang about the lakes didn't seem to quibble at the price. Hopefully the ones who've inquired about the house won't either but even if they do, I'm glad to start getting some interest.

It certainly seems to be picking up a bit as properties I've seen on the market for a number of years are now selling and yes the price has dropped a lot. no wonder really as they had got stupid, a lot of people have been caught out in the past by buying at the asking price .
Being in the building trade for over 50 years I have always bargained hard to get a property at the right price, yet I still have one with 7.5 hectares, not sold in the Lot.

Offers invited :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:03 pm 

Hmm the one after the house/bakery etc in the Dordogne is after a 'location vente sans apport'. Is that safe and how does it work, exactly?