It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: An Odd One This . . .
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:39 pm 
So, an appointment this afternoon, we'll say 14h00. So at 13h55 car pulls up outside. Couple stay in car. 14h00 comes . . . . . and soon goes. I wonder if they are waiting for the rest of the family, the French often being unable to do anything unless the whole family is there for some reason. At 14h10 I go outside meaning to go round to the back of the house. Just as the car is driving off. The car stops and the woman gets out of the car. Apparently they were waiting for someone to arrive. I did ask if they had for a moment thought of pushing the bell button thingie at the side of the gate.
The woman replied 'no'Image.

If I have an appointment at an address at 14h00 then at 14h00 I will ring the bell, knock on the door or whatever.

Post subject: Re: An Odd One This . . .
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:41 pm 

ImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: An Odd One This . . .
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:37 pm 
Just called the agent that was meant to have been here at 18h00 . . . . . . . Ironically it was him that contacted me in the first place from my ad on Le Bon Coin, well, I though, it would be daft to say no agents (why do people say 'no agents'?).

You know the spiel 'I have customers that would be interested in your house' and you know full well it is a load of old pony but as it is free for the seller what the hell. To be fair . . . .
I am sometimes . . . . this guy charges only 5% which would knock spots (one or two) off other agents. Already kicked one into touch.

Now, here is a thing . . . I always offer people the chance to have a look in the loft, that way they can see all the slates are in place and the woodwork is in good nick. Only one has had a look. Why?
The loft is one place I would want to see.

There was a story of a couple that went to court - vice caché they alleged as the roof beams were propped up on bricks or something. The judge ruled in favour of the seller saying that if the buyers had been arsed to have a butchers in the loft they would have seen clearly how the roof was held up, there was nothing hidden at all.