It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Sodding Agents Again!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:10 pm 
On the 10 & 11 September two agents came round, well, one on the 10 and one on the 11. Signed up and all that and out of interest (no, just checking) had a look on their respective sites. No sign of my house.
I have taken screenshots and sent a polite e-mail to each of them saying I can't find my house on their sites despite a search, is it by chance hidden somewhere (sort of thing).

I am more inclined to think though it is another case of French agents not being arsed, they need to sell two houses a month to survive so no matter what that is all they'll do.

Post subject: Re: Sodding Agents Again!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:51 pm 

That's rubbish, are there any other agents round your way to sign up with? There does seem to be such disparity in attitude to selling.

We've been signed up with one since May, we're on her website and in the window but we've heard nothing from her. The other we signed up with 2 weeks ago and we've had 2 viewings with him, he actually sounds enthusiastic and determined to find us a sale, the other seems to be stuck years back and expecting the house to sell itself.

Very very frustrating for you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:53 pm 

Have you had a diagnostic de energy done? This has to displayed on the sale details.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:43 pm 
There is one though some agents also have put no means of heating so no DPE.

In fact I have a wood fire but I just want to sell, get shot and be away. Am fed up with agents that 'play ' at being agents. That have in the window 'En Visite' but experience tells you that could be visiting the coast, or Paris or where ever, it does not mean visiting a house.

They take the details then bugger off into the sunset, never to be heard of again, in fact one would have more chance of hearing from Captain Oates.

The weekend before last I did a lot photographs for the council where I live (twin town thing) but the council guy who was meant to be dealing with me was never heard of. It was plain hard work. There were some Germans here, they turned up on my doorstep with a proposition, deal was struck in a few minutes.

I think when the agreement have reached three months I have the right to cancel them, possibly one or two might be kicked in to touch.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:05 pm 
One of the agents has contacted me pdq, she had been Tom Dick so will catch up ASAP. Can't have a go at someone for being sick . . . . . can I? No, I'm tooooo nice, a short sharp reminder to keep people on their toes otherwise they get sent the scary Mrs Danvers thing of Youtube :lol: .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 am 
Mesage from other agent, computer problem . . . . .

I am really losing heart here, feeling it is a case with agents (and others) that they will do as little as possible until they get questioned then with a quick excuse they buy more time. It is not once in a blue moon this happens, it is just too frequent. I might be wrong but confidence rating is zero.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:15 pm 
Think I need to send mssages to agents, to see why nothing when others I know are having visits at least. could drop the price . . . . . . . again. Have heard of people that have sold for €100,000 - €200,000 les than they bought for with the big properties.

Know of one couple that have had their house for sale for nearly four years! They've had offers but turned them down saying they were silly offers. What is silly in this day and age? Any offer must be a good offer :-? .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Recently heard of a chateau for sale near Limoges - the price has dropped from 750k€ (ish) to about 450k€! :shock:

Needless to say, it has attracted quite a bit of interest worldwide, and gets daily visits. I guess people with that much money don't need to worry about tax and heating bills.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:13 pm 
Think I'm going to send arse kicking e-mails.